CARES ACT – Frequently Asked Questions
How is Virginia Union University using CARES Act resources to directly support students?
There are three programs in which federal aid is being used to support students: 1) Emergency Aid Relief, 2) Technology Support and 3) Tuition Amnesty Program.
- The emergency aid relief program results in an $818 check being directly mailed to students. (All checks have been distributed to eligible students)
- The technology support program will provide tablets to students. (All tablets are scheduled to be distributed by July 30, 2020)
- The 50% Tuition Amnesty program provides students a 50% credit towards their Spring 2020 balance. All notifications have been sent to students. Please check your VUU email for updates. All new updated payment agreements are due June 15, 2020.
Do I qualify for CARES Act support?
- All full-time degree seeking students who were enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester and received federal financial aid are eligible for the Emergency Aid Relief program.
- All degree seeking students enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester will receive a tablet.
- All students enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester are eligible for the Tuition Amnesty program
Can I benefit from more than one of the student programs?
Yes, based on student qualifications, it is possible to benefit from more than one of the programs. Our goal is to help as many students as possible.
How can I check on the status of my emergency relief program check?
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Who can I speak to regarding my personal situation and the CARES Act support?
Please contact the Student Accounts department for all CARES Act support inquiries. You can call or email this department at (804) 257-5711, email@example.com.
Do I need to use my VUU email account for this program?
Yes, VUU email is the official communication of the university. Please be sure to check your VUU email account daily for updates. If you are having difficulty logging into your account, please contact ITC@vuu.edu for technology support. Also, you can change your VUU email password by logging onto myvuu.edu, under the technology tab to complete the Change of Password Form.
How will I receive the technology support?
Our goal is to distribute technology support to students via mail. Please use this link to update your mailing address. Please use this link to confirm your mailing address as well. Note: You will need your my.vuu.edu log-in credentials to access the address forms.